Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Final 50 Films in Review



            Well I’ve done it!  I’ve tackled the beast.  I’ve climbed the mountain.  I’ve slain the dragon.  I’ve gone round the bend with metaphorical references in writing about these 200 movies.  I’m exhausted and exhilarated.  These last fifty took me over a year to find, see, and blog, and now looking back on the whole thing I’m thanking God that it’s over.  Does that mean that I now hate movies and never want to see another one again?  By no means.  Does it mean that I’m now in the mood to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark (also on the 1001 list)? Yes.  But it’s important to see this thing through and do a recap of these last fifty titles.  I noticed as I was looking over my reviews that I’ve been more generous on these last fifty.  I gave 21 of these films a rating of 3 Hats Off or higher, and only 10 movies a rating of 1.5 Hats Off or lower.  Does this mean that these were better films? Maybe, but I’m inclined to believe that my being near to completing the list gave me a generosity of spirit, and that the effort I (or my friends) put into finding these films made them all the more worth watching.  Anyway, here are my lists.  

The Best
1.      The Last Battle
2.      Report
3.      The Cool World
4.      The Baker’s Wife
5.      The Unbelievable Truth

The Worst
1.      The Asthenic Syndrome (worst)
2.      Black God, White Devil
3.      The Spider Strategem
4.      Too Early, Too Late
5.      The Puppetmaster

0 comments:

Post a Comment