Thursday, April 4, 2013

R.I.P. Roger Ebert

My favorite writer died today.  While I know that he personally didn't believe in an afterlife, I can't help but picturing him (free of his physical limitations) sitting at a theatre, sipping root beer, holding a pack of Chuckles in some version of heaven.  He's watching Citizen Kane and sneaking bites of a Stake 'n Shake burger he smuggled in under his coat.  (Orsen Welles sits down and asks for a bite.) This image makes me smile. 

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing. He and Gene are arguing over a movie; Gene's making fat jokes and Ebert's coming right back at him with his own brand of wit. Whatever exists beyond the present, I'm sure they're both together again at last.

    ReplyDelete