Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Final Checkpoint

So here I stand, 150 posts behind me, and only the 1001 list’s 50 most elusive titles to go.  This last batch of 50 has had some gems and some stinkers, and I must admit that I’m starting to get burned out, but this blog (like certain video games) offers rejuvenation when certain milestones are reached.  My resolve is strong, and I’m not stopping until I reach the top of this 1,001 step climb.  I still love movies, and I’m still open to allowing my definition of film as both a medium and an art form to change. 

Sometimes I wonder what the last year and a half would be like if I hadn’t started working on this webpage.  I’d still certainly have seen some of these titles, but I doubt I’d be as motivated.  I’m more than a year away from my self-imposed deadline of my 27th birthday, and I’m still finding ways to access these titles.  I want to take the opportunity at this checkpoint to once again thank any readers who are sticking with me through this process.  I’m not sure if you’re out there, but the hope that you are is part of what keeps me going.  I also want to thank my beleaguered wife, whose ability to put up with me and not be driven crazy by my obsessions is staggering. 

As always, milestones also warrant pausing, and reflecting on the journey, and so here are the cream and the crap of the crop, laid out as I assessed them as such.

The Five Best of the Last 50:

1. Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
2. Seconds
3. Soldier of Orange
4. Letter from an Unknown Woman
5. Underground

The Five Worst of the Last 50:

1. Heaven and Earth Magic (worst)
2. Blonde Cobra
3. Celine and Julie Go Boating
4. India Song
5. Mother India

0 comments:

Post a Comment