Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halfway Home: A Recap with 100 Films to go

            I’ve viewed this most recent batch of pictures faster than I tackled the first 50.  I’m glad to be ahead of the pace I’ve set for myself, but I know that it only gets tougher from here on in.  There just isn’t an easy way to view most of the films I have left.  If I absolutely run out of options I’ll post the remaining titles here and solicit any suggestions or hints as to where to find them.  Still, though what lies ahead of me will undoubtedly be difficult, my resolve is again strengthened by reaching this milestone.  I’m also happy to reflect and realize that these last 50 titles were better than the first.  Here’s a recap of the best and worst.  My thanks as always to any readers sticking with this blog.
The Five Best of the Last 50:
1.      A Matter of Life and Death
2.      Shanghai Express
3.      The Brave Heart Will Take the Bride
4.      David Holzman’s Diary
5.      Ariel
The Five Worst of the Last 50:
1.      Caravaggio
2.      Flaming Creatures
3.      Vinyl
4.      The mirror
5.      Yeelen

0 comments:

Post a Comment